Saturday 10 April 2010

ANDY WILLIAMS AND THE OSMOND BROTHERS

SB had a video of Andy Williams and the Osmond Brothers on her latest blog post, which gave me goose pimples and made me cry a little.

I have always loved Andy Williams. One of the last great crooner in the style of Sinatra. People wonder why I am so behind the times in my tastes in music. But when you listen to the singing of the 60's, somehow you don't want to move on. Someone commented on YouTube that they don't make songs, and singers, like this anymore. And I have to agree.

Since SB put one on which made me cry, I am in turn embedding one which made me laugh. This one features the young Osmond brothers with Julie Andrews, another great favourite of mine. She both looks and sounds gorgeous. The world lost a great performer when she had to stop singing. And may I say that she looks just as beautiful and classy today as she did then. I only wish I could age as gracefully as she did when it gets to be my turn. She is the only person who inspires me to look forward to old age...



Can we say....sexy? SB and I always thought there is nothing more sexy than a man who can sing. Multiply that a few times here. The Osmond brothers, with Andy Williams (mmm...) and his brothers. The families that sing together stay together.



I think I can go to bed tonight happy.

No comments: